We made it! We are now at the finale of our “NOVEMBER” article series and today’s topic is about refocusing your attention.
In the past few articles, I’ve taught you that thoughts become things. Quantum Physics will explain, in a very complex way, that everything in the Universe is energy. Because everything in the Universe is energy, everything vibrates. Whether you can see or feel things vibrating doesn’t matter because there are plenty of laws of the Universe that exist that we cannot physically see with our human eyes.
Such vibrations also operate on frequencies, similar to the frequencies a radio transmission tower emits. When we think, our thoughts are vibrating on specific, separate frequencies. Such phenomena can be explained by our use and witnessing of ESP and thinking about something completely random and then that random thing appears before us almost immediately. Many of us do not give such “coincidental” occurrences second thoughts, but as you may have heard before and as I am about to reiterate, there is no such thing as a “coincidence.” Everything that happens is meant to happen because everything that happens has stemmed from thought.
Since everything that has happened in life has happened from thought, it is very important to understand the vibrational frequencies of your thoughts and to also understand what you are receiving from your current vibrations.
If you are thinking thoughts that are giving you less than desirable life circumstances or events, you need to change your “channel” or frequency. If you are listening to the radio and you don’t like the song that you hear, you can change the station and find one you like. Our thoughts are the same – when we think thoughts that we do not like or do not find helpful, we change our thoughts to think about what makes us feel good, what we like and what we want to think about.
The point of all of this is being aware of all of the above. Plenty of people, a good majority, actually, are totally unaware of the power of their thoughts. They believe that life just happens to them and while that’s understandable, it’s incorrect. Life happens to people who believe life will happen to them, never making further inquiry as to WHY such life events are happening. I am here to tell you that everything that happens in your life is within your control and if you don’t like your life, you just need to refocus your attention. When you refocus your attention, you are doing this consciously, which means that all subconscious levels of thought are surfacing in the conscious or “ego” part of your psyche. If something happens in your life that is undesirable, say, you start worrying about bills you have to pay or that you sincerely dislike your boss; those thoughts will only continue to loop more thoughts like those.
Let’s go back to the radio example – certain stations play certain genres of music. There’s a pop station, country station, classical station, jazz, latin, etc. On my radio, I program stations that elevate my mood, make me smile, make me energized and help me in keeping my conscious thoughts in a positive, fun state. As far as my thoughts are concerned, I manage them in the same fashion. If I happen to “scan” through my stations and I come across one that is just awful, I move swiftly to change the station!
Our thoughts operate the same way. There’s a worry station, a laughing station, a self-loathing station, a joyful station, a gratitude station – and each station that we tune into, just like a radio, will continue to play “songs” in that same genre. Except in our minds, the “songs” are thoughts. If you turn your radio dial to a song that makes your skin crawl and your heart race, that’s not good! So what do you do? You quickly turn that dial to another station that makes you feel good.
If you are aware of your thoughts and you are able to refocus your attention, you can absolutely choose to turn the dial the second you feel any way other than how you wish to feel. Get back on that outrageous joy station.
Thoughts are the most powerful tools we have when it comes to building our lives. You can dream the dream all you want – but if your thoughts are not aligned with your dreams, your dreams will always be dreams and never reality. Make your dreams come true – refocus your attention – and remember that changing your life is as easy as changing the station.
Let’s review what we’ve learned this “NOVEMBER”:
- Negativity has no place in your life, unless you want it to. GET RID OF IT!
- Optimism creates abundance. The more wonderful things you think about, the more wonderful things appear in and as your life.
- Vitality comes from gratitude. When you are filled with appreciation, your life thrives.
- Experiencing outrageous joy is the meaning of life. That’s why we’re here. Living life in any state less than one of outrageous joy is not a life that fulfills our Universal purpose.
- Make believe that your life is already the life you dream of. By making believe, you are powerfully drawing all people, events and circumstances into your life to manifest your desires into physical, real form.
- Be grateful. As Thanksgiving nears, give thanks for the beauty of your life and take me up on my challenge to make every day Thanksgiving. Watch how fast your life will change for the better by just being sincerely grateful for all you have.
- Every day is a gift – say “thank you.” Gratitude can only be practiced by those who feel grateful and who think thoughts of appreciation. Get your eyes up and your ears open to all of the opportunities you have each day to say, “thank you.”
- Refocus your attention. Become aware of what you’re thinking about and what your life looks like. Are your life circumstances depictions of your thoughts or is there a major disconnect? All you have to do is determine which station you want to listen to and have that station on, all the time.
Thank you for reading my articles! Knowing that my words touch your lives and make your days better means everything to me and I am so honored and privileged that I can share what I have learned with the world.
If you’re in the United States, I send you my warmest wishes for a most abundant Thanksgiving. If you are outside of the United States, I send you my warmest wishes for making every day a day of Thanksgiving.
When your life needs a tweak or a major adjustment, just remember, “NOVEMBER.”
NOW GO GET GRATEFUL! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Johnny Potrekus, M.Msc is the President and owner of TeamJohnny, Inc., which is a personal coaching and development firm dedicated to enlightening and empowering clients to live their best lives. TeamJohnny, Inc. is based in North Palm Beach, Florida. He can be reached by emailing Johnny@goteamjohnny.com, via telephone at 561-536-6316 or through his website, www.goteamjohnny.com
©TeamJohnny, Inc. 2014 All Rights Reserved