Attention all Clean Your Plate Club members!
We have exciting news about your portions! You can still clean the plate without the adverse effect of weight gain!
How is this possible? Keep reading!
- Start with a smaller plate. Use your “dinner plate” as a charger if you have to use it at all.
- Make half of your plate vegetables.
- Make the other half of your plate some form of lean protein.
- Take a look at your plate and notice the absence of complex carbs galore. Give it some thought. Do you really need them? That depends! If you’re having breakfast or lunch, consider a complex carb to add to what you’re already eating. Complex Carbs give you energy which is why you want to try to include them, if at all, as early as possible in your day.
- Try to abstain from complex carbs at dinner whenever possible.
- Drink ice water, through a straw. My own individual research has shown that when you drink through a straw, you actually drink more! Why ice water? Other various studies have shown that when you drink ice water during the week, you can burn an extra 500 calories. 500 calories without really doing anything labor intensive? SIGN ME UP!
- Put the fork down in between bites.
- Chew your food at least 25 times before swallowing. Research has shown that food that is improperly chewed can cause excess gas. That stinks! Chew! Chew! Chew!
- Take half as much as you normally would. Whether at a buffet, BBQ or summer holiday, taking half as much means you can either fill up on less or go back twice!
- Keep a picture of your goal in your pocket. Clip it from a magazine, (careful if you’re modeling yourself after a victim of airbrushing) print it off of the internet or use a photo you’ve taken. My research has shown that when we are consistently aware of our goals and intentions we can usually keep habitual, faulty behavior at bay.
Take these 10 steps to controlling your portions and watch yourself change!
©TeamJohnny, Inc. 2012 All Rights Reserved