I received a very interesting email this morning about Water vs. Coke. We’ve all heard how you shouldn’t drink Coke because of x,y,z – but here’s some more info pertaining to WHY you shouldn’t consume it, no matter how much of a tradition or ‘classic’ part of life it is!
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
- To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use Hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
- The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!
Benefits of water, just to name a few:
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by forty-five percent, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by seventy-nine percent, and one is fifty percent less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- Lack of water is the number one cause of daytime fatigue.
- Seventy-five percent of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- Thirty-seven percent of Americans have a thirst mechanism that is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
Wow. Take a good long look at why you love Coke so much and now that you know what you’re dealing with, maybe go grab a glass of water instead.
Hate drinking water? Get a straw and add some ice! According to a statistic provided by Rachael Ray on an episode last week, drinking ice water can help you burn an extra 500 calories a week! Sounds good to me! A nice tall glass of ice water with a straw….ahhh! Make it fancy! Get a big wine goblet and fill it with ice cubes and your favorite sparkling water! It’s like having a spritzer without the wine! Nice!
Drink up, folks!
©TeamJohnny, Inc. 2012 All Rights Reserved